The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is the world’s leading dance examination board.
The ISTD’s chief objective is “to educate the public in the art of dancing in all its forms”. To achieve this, the ISTD works in four main ways:
• to promote a knowledge of dance
• to maintain and improve teaching standards
• to qualify, by examination, teachers of dancing in the ISTD’s specialist techniques taught by our 10,000 members in schools of dancing throughout the world
• to provide, through its syllabus, techniques upon which to train dancers for the profession.
At G12 Studios, children from the age of 5yrs, are trained in the ISTD syllabus. (Examinations are not compulsory, however most students do wish to partake). ISTD Examinations are well recognised qualifications all over the world. Striving to achieve their best in dance is a good foundation to take children through their school years and prepare them for the many exams and challenges that they will face.
Dance exams are good fun and a pass is rewarded with a certificate. The vast majority of our students pass with a distinction!
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Address: g3 8aw
Dance Classes in Glasgow
- Tap dance is a form of dance characterized by using the sounds of tap shoes striking the floor as a form of percussion. Two major variations on tap dance exist: rhythm (jazz) tap and Broadway tap. Broadway tap focuses on dance; it is widely performed in musical theater. Rhythm tap focuses on musicality, and practitioners consider themselves to be a Read more...