Even if you have never attended a dance workout class, you will have heard of them. When Zumba took the world by storm, it spawned a whole host of dance fitness classes based on every type of dance style that you can think of. And, if you thought that dance workouts are just a fad, you are mistaken.
If you want to give a dance workout a try, check out this fun 15-minute dance party workout by MadFit. It is guaranteed to put a smile on your face and give you a great workout all at the same time! Now, let’s take a look at the benefits of doing a dance workout:
- What is Timba? It’s the ultimate dance workout!
- The best dances to stay fit
- Tabata Fat Burning Workout
1) Dance workouts are cardio exercises, meaning that they will increase your heart rate to the point where you start to burn calories more quickly. And, as we all know, if you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight. In fact, you can burn between 300 and 700 calories in one hour of a dance workout. This is the equivalent of running and is more than walking, cycling, or hiking.
2) Dance workouts are fun. So while you might burn similar calories per hour doing a dance workout as you would if you went running, let’s be honest, you are much more likely to want to dance for an hour than to run for an hour. So you are more likely to keep going for longer and actually get those calories burned.
3) Dance workouts are a whole-body exercise. When you complete a dance workout, you will be moving every single muscle in your body. Not only does this mean that you will burn more calories, but you will also gain strength, flexibility, and coordination from the tips of your fingers down to your toes.
4) Dance workouts can help you to destress and boost your mood. They trigger the release of endorphins, give you confidence, and dancing to music can just make you happy. The effect that they have on your mental health is just as important as on your physical health.
If you enjoyed our today’s video, you are more than welcome to share it with your friends and let them know what you think about it. Also, consider checking out our most recent posts and stay in touch. Cheers!